Let’s continue with Australia-inspired brick stitch creations with the Australian Aboriginal Flag, first used in 1971, but adopted in 1995 only as a Flag of Australia (not to be mixed up with the national one).
The colours have the following meaning (source: Ausflag):
- Black represents the Aboriginal people
- Red represents the earth and their spiritual relationship to the land
- Yellow represents the sun, the giver of life.
For the background drawing of the cover picture, I was inspired by Aboriginal art. I am not sure it looks like it, but I gave it a try XD
Here is the pattern for personal use only. Feel free to show me yours on Instagram with the hashtag #motifelisapearls
Length: 2.5cm, width: 4cm. Start either from the upper part of the bottom part.
- Upper part: DB0010 (Black)
- Bottom part: DB0753 (Matte Opaque Red)
- Circle: DB2102 (Duracoat Opaque Banana)